Will Twitter suspend Trump's account for 'threatening nuclear war' against North Korea?

Share

Trump said he would consider negotiations with North Korea and declined to discuss the possibility of a preemptive strike against Pyongyang.

Defense Secretary James Mattis issued a statement Wednesday in regards to the threat posed by North Korea.

North Korea has reportedly been threatening to attack the US territory of Guam more than 2,000 miles southeast of North Korea in the Pacific Ocean. The influence of China in Pyongyang seems to be greatly reduced since Kim Jong Un became the North Korean leader in December 2011.

The United States and France have pledged to work to denuclearize North Korea.

One of President Trump's most famous critics came to his defense this week after a vow of "fire and fury" for North Korea: former Vice President Al Gore. The recent UN Security Council unanimous vote for new sanctions suggests that these countries could help.

"Trump looks forward to seeing Xi in China later this year, a meeting that will be a very historic event".

Sen. Graham also said he doesn't think Trump needs congressional approval to launch a military strike against North Korea, claiming, "There's nothing in the Constitution limiting the ability to use force to protect America".

The two leaders also reiterated a commitment to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Earlier this week, Trump said if North Korea made any more threats to the USA, it will be met with "fire and fury". Trump also said the US was considering tighter sanctions against North Korea. They may continue launching missile tests but they don't want a war, and the US doesn't want military action either.

Professor Lucas said: "The Chinese and the USA have been talking behind the scenes for months about what to do".

Xi Jinping, the leader of North Korea's key ally China, urged Trump on Saturday to avoid rhetoric that could inflame tensions, after the USA leader ramped up his warnings to Pyongyang, saying the Stalinist regime would "truly regret" taking hostile action against the United States. Trump's comments, however, do not appear to be backed by significant military mobilization on either side of the Pacific, and an important, quiet diplomatic channel remains open.

Share