Chelsea boss Conte blasts Musonda over academy comments

Share

The Belgium forward, who has remained with Chelsea this term after an underwhelming spell at Real Betis, on Monday night posted a cryptic message on Instagram in which he appeared to vent his annoyance at getting "literally nothing" back from the club.

Charly Musonda could make his Chelsea breakthrough this season if he focuses his mind "on the pitch and not social media", according to Blues boss Antonio Conte. The Italian tactician has revealed ahead of Saturday's clash with London rivals Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park that he's spoken with Musonda and has urged him to follow in the footsteps of Christensen.

"Charly could have a good opportunity this season to play because we only have three No.10s: Hazard, Willian and Pedro". The only things I can tell for sure are that he is a talented player and I see him very well.

Andreas Christensen, who blossomed while on loan at Borussia Monchengladbach, is viewed as the flawless example of how the youngster can improve while playing elsewhere.

Alongside a picture of a black screen, a post on the youngster's social media account reads: "You sacrifice, you work hard, harder, you give more than what's expected, and often more than you can, because you love what you do and clearly more than you should".

"I spoke with him and I think Charly understood his mistake", Conte said.

"My task is to help him find the right way not the wrong way".

When asked if there is a pathway for academy players to break into the first team, he said: "Yes, we did that last season".

The 20-year-old, whose present contract with Chelsea runs until 2019, let his frustration be known over his lack of game time this season on social media earlier in the week.

Share