It noted that Taro Kono planned to meet with Aung San Suu Kyi and military leader Min Aung Hlaing as well as visit Maungdaw Township in northern Rakhine State. "However, some may worry".
According to news report, Kono made the comments in a joint news conference with Myanmar's de facto, leader Aung San Suu Kyi, in the capital Naypyitaw. "But I believe that our investigation will prevent such things from happening again".
Suu Kyi's statement comes after the country's Army, for the first time on Wednesday, admitted that it carried out extrajudicial killings of a group of Rohingyas, whose bodies had been discovered in a mass grave in the Rakhine State in western Myanmar.
The army, which is not under the control of the civilian government, launched a sweeping counteroffensive in northern Rakhine in response to Rohingya militant attacks on August 25, triggering an exodus of more than 650,000 Rohingya villagers to Bangladesh. The UN and other groups accuse the military of widespread atrocities against Rohingya, including killings, rapes and the burning of homes.
Hundreds of thousands of the Rohingya have fled to neighboring Bangladesh since fighting broke out between Rohingya militants and security forces a year ago.
Rohingyas who fled from the persecution of Myanmar security forces want to see a positive development including citizenship, security, and scope for enjoying their basic rights before they return to their country from Bangladesh, the UNHCR said recently.
Many refugees start at transit centers set up along the Bangladesh-Myanmar border before they are brought to the main refugee camps in Cox's Bazar.
Neither the military nor Suu Kyi has said what action will be taken against those responsible for the deaths linked to the mass grave in Rakhine state.