Two people were killed and three injured on Friday in the occupied West Bank in a car-ramming attack, Israeli radio reported.
The incident took place near the Jewish settlement of Mevo Dotan, west of the Palestinian town of Jenin, the radio said. The motorist was detained shortly after and was being treated for light injuries, it said without detailing how the injuries were caused. Reports said he was lightly injured. It said he had previously been imprisoned for security offences and was released a year ago. Last Saturday, a Palestinian man died in clashes with settlers in the West Bank.
The Hatzalah Yosh media outlet reports that two of those wounded as a result of the attack have been taken to Beilinson hospital by helicopter.
Israel's Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman said on Twitter: "We will act to secure the death penalty for the terrorist, for the demolition of his home and for the punishment of anyone who collaborated".
There have been a number of previous attacks by Palestinians using cars to ram into groups of Israeli soldiers or civilians.
The Palestinian Islamist group Hamas hailed the car-ramming incident but did not say it was behind it.
Hamas has claimed responsibility for the attack stating, "The attack in Jenin comes 100 days after Trump's decision and makes it clear that our people's intifada for Jerusalem is continuing".