However, it said, several flights remained as scheduled until further notice.
The global airport on the Indonesian resort island of Bali reopened on Friday afternoon after a almost 12-hour closure due to a volcanic ash threat that disrupted travel plans for thousands.
Bali's main global gateway will be closed until at least Friday evening, according to officials, who added that two other domestic airports were also shut. The airport's online flight schedule showed Singapore Airlines and KLM flights scheduled to arrive Friday evening.
Twelve Jetstar flights, including routes between Denpasar and Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide and Cairns, were cancelled.
Tens of thousands of locals fled to evacuation centres after last year's eruption.
An eruption at Mount Agung, about 70km from the coastal holiday area of Kuta, forced the evacuation of tens of thousands of people previous year. The return flight NZ246 from Denpasar to Auckland was also cancelled.
Tourists on the island were subjected to hours of travel misery as hundreds of flights were grounded and Bali's worldwide airport was temporarily shut.
The eruption of Mount Agung in eastern Bali on Thursday has triggered at least 48 flight cancellations including those operated by Malaysia-based AirAsia and Australia's JetStar.
The National Disaster Mitigation Agency said tests showed there was no ash in Ngurah Rai International Airport's airspace and the airport reopened at 2.30pm (6.30pm NZ Time).
Indonesia is the world's most active volcanic region and lies on the Pacific "Ring of Fire" where tectonic plates collide, causing frequent volcanic and seismic activities.
Operations at Bali's airport were disrupted for more than a week in early December, stranding thousands of visitors before winds changed to blow the smoke away and the volcano calmed down.
Flight Centre said a number of airlines flying from Australia to Bali had also opted to cancel or delay flights overnight and today.