In the Roosevelt Room on Monday evening, Vice President Mike Pence, acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Conway briefed surrogates who are expected to speak about the address on television and radio about themes of unity in the address, multiple sources close to the White House said. Joshua has thanked the Trump family including First Lady for their support.
Trump is giving his State of the Union as the threat of another government shutdown over the wall looms.
"What we'd like to do is, do it in the appropriation process", Shelby said on CNN's "State of the Union".
The newly freed Alice Johnson will also attend the State of the Union speech after the president commuted her sentence in 2018 after her case was brought to the president's attention by Kim Kardashian.
President Donald Trump on Tuesday was set to deliver a State of the Union speech challenging Democrats to approve funding for his long-sought border wall, but stopping short of declaring a national emergency over it, at least for now.
Yet when Trump was asked on Friday whether he might use the speech to declare executive action on his promised border wall - perpahs by declaring a national emergency, even though 66 percent of Americans would oppose such a move - he replied, "I don't want to say".
- Debra Bissell, Heather Armstrong and Madison Armstrong, the daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter, respectively, of a Reno, Nevada, couple allegedly killed in their home last month by a person illegally in the US.
Another guest, Matthew Charles, was the first beneficiary of the prison reform act passed late a year ago.
- Grace Eline, a 9-year-old brain cancer survivor.
- Ashley Evans, who is nearing the one-year, one-month anniversary of becoming sober after years of opioid and substance abuse.
- Judah Samet, a Holocaust survivor and member of the Tree of Life Synagogue.
- Roy James, the plant manager of a lumber facility that the White House said was saved by the 2017 tax reform legislation.
- Elvin Hernandez, a special agent with the Homeland Security Department's human trafficking unit.
- Tom Wibberley, father of Navy seaman Craig Wibberley, who was killed in the October 2000 bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen.
Rather than Republican Paul Ryan, Pelosi will for the first timein this administration take her prominent position as House speaker, seated just behind Trump's left shoulder for the speech.