Two people, believed to be window cleaners, have been rescued from a lift near the top of an approximately 850-foot skyscraper in Oklahoma City.
Firefighters told the Oklahoman newspaper that the lift malfunctioned.
Paramedics checked the workers out, CNN affiliate KOCO reported, and they refused treatment.
According to Fulkerson, it is unclear how the lift became stuck, but an investigation is now underway.
Following the incident, the CEO of Devon Energy, Dave Hager, confirmed that the two people involved in the incident were not Devon employees but rather contractors.
"Devon Energy Center creates a focal point for the company and Oklahoma City by integrating civic-scaled spaces as a vital component of its overall development".
Fire battalion chief Benny Fulkerson described the rescue effort as "tedious" but successful.